Wednesday, March 5, 2008

the plains

I'm going to a two day music festival this weekend! Its called Golden Plains and takes place about 30ks from Ballafornia outside a little town called Meredith. Its a spinoff from the Meredith Music festival which I went to a few times years ago. It differs in that its smaller, has no corporate sponsorship and tends to have a little less manic vibe. The acts are promising - Iron and Wine, The Dirtbombs, Ween, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Buffalo Tom and stacks of more obscure stuff. The weather is shaping up as stinking hot, I've got enough booze to drown Dean Martin and I'm looking forward to catching up with a lot of the old Karova crew and getting completely nuts. I've even talked Lize into coming (shes not a happy camper) so I won't get lonely when I'm all drunk and maudlin at 3am.

No comments: