the weeks all blur into one in steady job. Weekends serve as punctuation and here's what I've done on mine lately.
- went and saw seriously fine Oz band Dallas Crane do what is rumoured to be a final show. Supports the Gin Club had the aura of the Rolling Thunder Revue, awesome eclectic stuff drawing strands from folk, blues, country and noisy rock in to a brilliant weave. They also played that Jacaranda song which is a fine piece of psyche pop. The Crane themselves were by turns ornery, pissy and majestic. I hope this isn't the last we see of them.
- got seriously loose after the show. Even went to a late night dance academy for young ladies. I should not be left unsupervised in big cities. No one tells me to go to bed and I feel ill and seedy for days.
- had a pleasant weekend in Victoria's shittest seaside town. Portland would be gorgeous if the bluestone whaler's cottages and sweet old buildings weren't surrounded by industrial development that has been plonked down massively and randomly in odd places. The maritime museum was tops with a big whale skeleton, old boats and sailory trinkets and an incredible amount of shipwreck meromabilia.
- the drive back from Portland was a bitch. 3 1/2 crappy hours of tailgating and trucks.
- it's the girls birthday this weekend. It will be a big show. She might be getting a puppy too, but I reckon I might leave it till after the festivities.