Monday, December 8, 2008

the boys in the NYPD choir...

weren't singing Galway Bay today. They were too busy seperating two warring parties of westies at 6pm on a monday arvo outside Safeway. Some spilt Red Bear cans and a bit of blood on the footpath. Happy Christmas!

Lize is well into the festive thing. Our house looks like Santa's grotto but tasteful and the girl has been a decorating whirlwind the last few days. Still, it took her four days to find the R2D2 i snuck into the nativity scene. She also bought a "cute" set of antlers for our poor bastard of a dog. I was was going to launch into a long and confused diatribe on anthromorphising poor wee animals but he looked so uncomfortable and pathetic and her eyes were all shiny so I let it go. She's also making christmas crackers with booze in them (a good thing) and stressing about presents (a bad thing).

Me, I'm looking forward to my pub, ruminating on what marinade I'm going to use on the ham and looking forward to getting off my box on Christmas day.

1 comment:

Manuel said...

ham eh? that must be nice......