Monday, September 17, 2007

Lightshow

Shaun the booker has been helping out on the Powderfinger/Silverchair tour that came through Ballarat last night. He's had an intersting time of it, with council dramas, mini hurricanes forcing the show to be postponed and all the hoopla that a major tour creates.

So I copped a comp ticket and wandered over for a look last night. The production was fantastic, it's amazing how lighting and LED screens that were the preserve of bilion dollar tourers like the Stones and U2 are now within reach for acts of this size. There would have been 5000 heads there and whilst standing up the back with my feet slowly turning to ice I realised while I really didn't like either of the bands that much, I was just entranced by the lighting and projection. I snuck off to the pub 3 songs into Powderfingers' set and proceeded unwisely to warm myself up with copious amounts of Bushmills.

2 comments:

cogidubnus said...

So hows the hangover? Funny but the relatively smooth Irish always leaves me heady, whilst the generally coarser scotch tends not to...

paddy said...

hangover was rough. I'm a bit the same with both at the moment - I'm heading gravitating towards Jack or Turkey quite often in deference to my head.