Saturday, September 20, 2008

ennui

i'm a bit bored. It's one of those truisms - be careful of what you wish for, you just might get it. The time is 11.15 pm on a Saturday night. The darling wife is buggered from her new project/client and after knocking over a couple of bottles of red at Vicky and Andrew's house has passed out on the bed with the dog licking her face. I've retrieved the dog and now sit at the computer, idly trawling facebook and bigfooty and sipping a rum and coke which is giving me more heartburn than buzz. There's some shithouse Australian country music on the radio in the next room that I can't be bothered turning off. I think my mental batteries may have finally recharged. Time to get up off me arse and do something!

2 comments:

Manuel said...

so how'd that go then?

paddy said...

yeah pretty well - calls have been made - the pub hunt is on in earnest.